Sunday, October 15, 2006

Struck with mysterious fever - Part 1

Was feeling tired and lethargic the whole day.

7pm: Mummy said i felt feverish.
7.30pm: Had dinner. Still pretty active but immediately felt tired and sleepy again. Daddy & mummy took my temperature. I was having a fever. Unfortunately the fever medicine has expried 4 days ago. What tough luck!

Daddy & mummy tried sponging me down. I find the cold towel extremely objectionable on my forehead & responded by wailing each time they put it to my forehead.

11pm: Fever didn't come down with the sponging. Mummy fed me my night feed. Barely finished the whole bottle & all the milk immediately came out through my nose and mouth. Help mummy...why like dat? What a horrible feeling. Think daddy and mummy see already very heart pain.

2.30am: Daddy went down to buy some fever medication since uncle doctor say can just alter dosage and give me to bring down fever since sponging doesn't seems to work. I guai guai finished up the medicine since mummy says it will make me feel better.

3.30am: Threw up my medication, water and the remaining of 11pm milk. Continually threw up 3 times some more. Why like that mummy? I have already been a good boy and finish my medicine. Mummy has no answer. Can only carry me, sayang me and try to make me feel as comfortable as possible while I whimper away.

Daddy cleaned up everything while mummy carried me. They tried to give me more water. I was really thirsty but the thought of throwing up again just made me so scared to drink. Decided not to drink instead.

4am: Fever finally subsided a bit as I slept fitfully

Poor daddy & mummy both so worried. Poor Jun Wei so sick.

No comments: